Poem: Rain of Life

By Juan Fernández










What will happen if you could not feel the rain?
If every drop that fall for you, could not reach you?
How will you know that it rains for you?

How will you feel if you could not feel the rain?
Will you cry endless nights to the sound of sorrow?
Will you wish to have a new chance to run naked
to the sounds of life?

How would I feel if the touch of life has touched
my face and now I can’t feel its warmth again?
Will I cry tears of damnation?
And become the very thing I detest the most?
Or Will I become who I should be and seek within
myself the true existence of my own being.

I’m going to walk out of my sheltered life,
and enjoy every drop that nature has to offer.

I’m going to seek to dance in a cloudy day,
and with my dance make sure it rains.

I’m going to choose to fly in the shadows
of a dark and cold night,
because every wind and thunder calls my name,
and I know they exist to be mine.

I’m going to stand in the middle of the storm
and enjoy every drop of the rain of my life.

I am, because I choose to be.